If you are looking for a position within the field of medical billing in Michigan, you've come to the right place. All listings appear for TWO months, or until the position has been filled. Be sure to notify the MMBA office once the position has been filled, or if you wish to remove the posting early.
Questions about posting a job listing?
Current Job Postings
Ultimate Billing & Management
An Account Manager at Ultimate Billing & Management is not an entry level position.
Account Manager Role handles several accounts and coordinates with a set of billers to get the job done for our doctors.
- 3-5 years experience in Medical Billing (or more)
- Can audit the work of billers
- Maintain clean Aging
- Comprehensive Payment Posting
- Excellent Time Management
- Takes pride in being a high performing member of the team
Softwares includes but aren't limited to:
- Some Custom work Job
Michigan Radiation Oncology Consultants
Full - time Medical Biller needed for busy Radiation Oncology practice.
Must have experience in coding/charge entry, insurance verification, payment posting.
We offer a friendly and flexible work environment along with health insurance and paid holidays.
Competitive hourly wage based on work history, experience, and educational background.
Email resume to email@example.com
Front Desk & Medical Assistant
Heart & Vascular Consultants
Busy Cardiologist Office is seeking a part time front desk and medical assistant.
3 years experience in a physician office helpful, as well as knowledge of EMR program.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Answering Calls
- Checking Patient In/Out
- Obtaining Authorizations
- Patient Work Up Prep - prior to seeing the physician, includes Obtain & File Chart
- Take Vitals
- Carry out Physician Orders for M.A.
Please include references with resume and send email to Lynn Dumas at firstname.lastname@example.org
Manager Patient Financial Services & Coding
The Manager PFS & coding oversees the daily operations of the billing function.
- Assists with developing goals, standards, and objectives that directly support the strategic plan and vision of the organization.
- Manages the Staff
- Assists with the development and implementation of policies, procedures, standards and initiatives.
- Monitors budgets, regulatory compliance, contracts, and vendor relations
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
- Bachelors Degree in business-related field or equivalent experience required
- Minimum of five years medical billing office experience required, preferably for a multi-site physician practice.
- Minimum of three years of management/supervisory experienced required.
Billing & Reimbursement Specialist
Metro Health University of Michigan Health
A Billing and Reimbursement Specialist is responsible for the accurate and timely billing, follow up, and payment posting for assigned accounts.
Responsible for complete resolution of all aspects of insurance payment for claims assigned.
Goal is assure prompt, accurate reimbursement for services rendered.
Hours: 40 a week
Entry Level Medical Biller
Advanced Practice Managmenet
Busy medical billing company looking for a part time entry level biller. Perfect for a new biller wanting to learn the ropes.
Potential for full time. Great hours of Monday thru Thursday, 8am to 1pm.
Send resumes to email@example.com
CPC with A/R Experience
Alliance Healthcare Solutions
Grand Rapids, MI or 50 mile radius
Alliance Healthcare Solutions has employment opportunities for full or part time: Certified Professional Coders with Account Receivable Experience, Remote office possibilities.
A successful candidate will have a good working knowledge of CPT, ICD-9, 10, CCI edits, HIPAA, government regulations an billing processes to including working the full revenue cycle.
Core Job Requirements:
- Abstract pertinent information from medical records to assign CPT, ICD-10 codes
- Charge Entry, Payment Posting into client software
- The timely submission of medical claims to insurance carriers
- Apply knowledge of insurance guidelines
- Follow-up on unpaid claims within standard billing cycle time frame
- Denial management of claims
- Answer patient or insurance telephone inquires
- Set up budget payment plans
- Prepare unpaid patient accounts for collection
- Responsible to client A/R on daily, weekly, monthly basis
- Dependable, honest candidate that is an independent worker
- Provides excellent customer service with a positive attitude
- Posses the desire to provide quality work timely
- Has the ability to be flexible in an ever changing industry
- Has the ability to organize, prioritize, and communicate clearly, verbal and electronic
- Has the skill set to research, document, problem solve and analyze on their own
- Has knowledge and experience in various medical billing softwares'
- 3 years experience as a certified processional code, having worked in a medical office practice would be preferred
- Experience in Coding: Internal Medicine, Family Practice
- Epic Software
- CPC certification with current membership with AAPC
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
General Surgery Practice
Full time Medical Biller needed for busy surgical practice in Saginaw, MI. Ideal candidate is a self-motivated team player who is experienced in coding/charge entry, payment posting, claims tracking, denials, appeals and A/R management.
We offer a friendly and flexible work environment along with PTO, paid holidays, and uniform allowance. Competitive hourly wage based on work history, experience, and educational background.
Email resume to email@example.com
Medical Billing Specialist
Centre for Plastic Surgery
Grand Rapids, MI
We are in need of a Billing Specialist who has a keen interest in the Plastic Surgery field. This person would handle all aspects of billing from cosmetic prepays to insurance cases, posting payments, balancing the practice daily and for month-end and more. We need someone who is willing to work with our Marketing Manager and also learn all aspects of our Skin Care and Injectables "world" and fill in as needed at that desk. Being part of our phone triage is also important.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cornerstone Medical Group
Department Description: The Cornerstone Billing Department is located in the Northeast Pavilion on Garfield Rd, south of Hall Rd in Clinton Township. Position Summary Works closely with the billing team. Works with physicians, office staff, billing staff, and SJPPN to provide coding integrity and expertise for maximum appropriate reimbursement.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews and makes necessary corrections to unpaid claims that are coding related. • Obtains acceptable productivity/quality rates as defined by management.
- Queries physicians when code assignments are not straightforward or documentation in the record is inadequate, ambiguous, or unclear for coding purposes.
- Researches, interprets, and communicates CPT, ICD-10, HCPCS, modifier, payor guidelines and regulations.
- Designs and conducts education and training programs, including physician/staff presentations, to provide information on most recent coding and documentation regulations/guidelines.
- Works with SJPPN to assure additions/deletions/updates to the fee schedule are complete and accurate.
- Serves on appropriate teams/committees as needed.
- Serves as a coding resource to the physicians, office staff, and billing staff to ensure proper coding.
- Prepares/reviews reports as necessary/appropriate.
QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS: The qualifications/requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. - COMPLEXITY OF WORK: Within scope of job, this position requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment. - PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT: Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required. - EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or equivalent required. Advanced vocational training preferred. - CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, OTHER: Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or other equivalent certification. - WORK EXPERIENCE: One (1) year of work experience with progressively increased responsibilities preferred. Billing experience required.
Please send resume to Tina.Webber@Cornerstonemedgroup.com
Experienced Part-Time Medical Insurance Biller
The Standing Company
Seeking an expierenced DME medical biller, preferrably had worked for Blue Cross but not necessary. Someone who knows the ins and outs. Part-time maybe telecommute. Please send resume with cover letter via email to email@example.com.
Sports Orthopedic Specialist
We are looking for an experienced biller for a busy multi-location orthopedic office. At least 3-5 years of experience. 30 plus hours per week. Individual must be knowledgeable with all aspects of billing.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org