If you are looking for a position within the field of medical billing in Michigan, you've come to the right place. All listings appear for TWO months, or until the position has been filled. Be sure to notify the MMBA office once the position has been filled, or if you wish to remove the posting early.
Questions about posting a job listing?
Current Job Postings
Great Lakes Bay Surgery and Endoscopy Center
Medical Records Coordinator -
Full Time Responsibilities: The Medical Records Coordinator plans, coordinates, implements and maintains patient medical record keeping procedures and storage of all clinical records for the facility within requirements of the State of Michigan, CMS, The Joint Commission, and HIPAA Standards (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.)
- Establishes and implements policies to ensure that patient records are complete, accurately documented, readily accessible, and systematically organized within an electronic medical record (EMR) environment.
- Maintains confidentiality and protected health information according to regulations.
- Provides excellent customer service and actively participates in a team environment of cooperation, mutual support, respect, and accountability for the best in patient experience and service.
- Responsible for the release of medical information to patients, third parties and physician offices. Documents record release, collects fees and conducts disposition of records.
- Consults with staff to help define and analyze information needed from the clinical record.
- Conducts audits of the clinical record by clinicians and coordinates the Peer Review process.
- Produces quarterly reports for leadership review and in support of the clinical credentialing process. Maintains confidentiality.
- Performs quality assurance review on all scanned and reproduced records. Attends facility QA and Safety meetings as necessary.
- Provides assistance, training and support to facility staff related to the clinical record.
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues of documents not meeting quality standards.
- Conducts clinical record destruction according to regulation and policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Education and/or Experience:
- Three to five years of experience required working with medical records in a hospital or outpatient setting.
- A background in use of computerized EMR systems is required.
- Familiarity with networked computer systems, cloud systems, hardware and software a plus.
- Must possesses intermediate skills in Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Associates degree in Health Information Technology is preferred Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current Certification as an Accredited Records Technician (ART), Medical Records Technician (MRT), or successful completion of a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) exam is preferred.
Variable Hours 6am to 6pm. No Holidays or on-call required.
Please send cover letter and resume to attention of email@example.com
Lakeshore Medical Billing
Grand Haven, MI
Part time position available for an experienced medical benefit specialist. Approximately 12-15 hours per week.
Duties include verifying patient's insurance benefits, data entry, filing, answering and making phone calls, as well as administrative duties.
1-2 years experience working in a billing or medical office required.
Applicants should have a working knowledge of medical and insurance terminology, excellent communication skills, detailed and accurate data entry skills, and experience with Microsoft Office.
Please submit resume and references to benefitspecialistghresume@
Medical Billing Specialist
Dominos Farm - Ann Arbor, MI
Participates in the revenue cycle management process; ensuring accurate coding and timely submission of claims, posting of payments, issuing of patient statements, account receivable management and follow through, and problem solving with internal and external customers.
Provides training for existing and new team members in the Central Business Office and assigned offices.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Arcturus Healthcare PLC
We are looking for a full-time medical biller in our office in Troy, Michigan.
Must have strong computer/EMR skills and be detailed oriented, experience in healthcare billing preferred.
Position includes claim billing, EOB posting, A/R reduction, claim denials and other tasks as assigned.
- Charge Entry – Preparing, reviewing, and transmitting claims using billing software including electronic and paper claim processing.
- Following up on unpaid claims within standard billing cycle time frame
- Checking each insurance payment for accuracy and compliance with contract discount.
- Calling insurance companies regarding any discrepancy in payments if necessary.
- Identifying and billing secondary or tertiary insurances.
- Reviewing accounts for insurance of patient follow-up.
- Researching and appealing denied claims.
- Answering all patient or insurance telephone inquires pertaining to assigned accounts.
- Setting up patient payment plans and work collection accounts.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Please send resume to email@example.com
Great Lakes Bay Health Centers
The Reimbursement Director is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of all program related billing to ensure maximization of revenues collected.
Develop and implement appropriate policies and procedures as required by regulation or the business environment, and the administration of the organization’s billing software application.
Identify and implement opportunities to increase efficiencies and effectiveness and is responsive to the changing payment modules and contractual requirements of a Federally Qualified Health Center.
Monitor and report on the performance of the billing department and communicate needed process changes and improvements to ensure organization standards, benchmarks and compliance requirements are met.
Provide leadership and management of the billing department.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Associate’s degree and CPC, CCSP or RHIT certification accepted in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
CPC or AHIMA certification required.
- Minimum of five (5) years billing management experience required. In depth knowledge of ambulatory billing required. Experience with Michigan Medicaid and multiple office locations required.
- Previous managerial and staff training experience required.
- Practice Management and EHR experience required.
Great Lakes Bay Health Centers is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified minorities, women, people with disabilities and military veterans are encouraged to apply. We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Gago Center for Fertility
Looking for a full time medical biller/reception for our Brighton location.
Must have billing experience and reception experience is preferred.
Daily job responsibilities will be claim entry, follow up, working on A/R, answering phones and scheduling appointments.
Please submit resume to email@example.com
Certified Medical Coder
Holland Foot & Ankle
We are seeking a detail-oriented and self-motivated certified medical coder to join our growing team. Experience in the medical field is preferred but not required.
You will be responsible to accurately code and bill for a variety of office procedures and durable medical equipment.
Other responsibilities may include but are not limited to: verifying insurances, checking deductibles and calling surgery patients, answering coworker and patient questions, working reports and posting insurance payments.
We are looking for someone who is interested in part time (3-4 days a week). If interested, please email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or drop off resume to Holland Foot & Ankle, 904 S Washington Suite 130, Holland MI 49423.
Accounts Receivable and Denials Management Specialist
ProCare Pain Solutions
Grand Rapids, MI
ACCOUNT RECEIVABLE AND DENIALS MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST GENERAL SUMMARY: The account receivable/denials management specialist functions in an administrative role to ensure timely and accurate follow-up on unpaid claims and denials. This position is responsible for following up on all outstanding accounts which includes reviewing outstanding A/R reports, outstanding accounts in follow-up queues and identifying and reporting trends and changes in payments and denials. The account receivable specialist works under the direction of and reports to the billing team leader.
REQUIREMENTS: General: • Applicant must be available to and have means to travel as necessary for orientation and training • Successful completion of orientation and required skill sets Education: Minimum: High School graduate. Working knowledge of medical terminology as well as procedural and diagnosis coding is required Preferred: Higher education with a medical office or account focus. Certified Professional Coder (CPC), Certified Professional Biller (CPB) or Certified Revenue Cycle Specialist-Professional (CRCS-P) preferred Work Experience: Minimum: One year of recent, relevant experience with accounts receivable follow-up and/or denials management experience. Preferred: Two or more years of recent, relevant experience with accounts receivable follow-up and/or denials management experience; experience with working in eClinical Works or Centricity preferred experience Professional Skills: Communication: Effective verbal and written skills, computer literate Customer Service: Patient confidentiality, helpful, patience Organizational: Detail oriented, problem solving abilities, efficient Team Skills: Demonstrate ability and willingness to work as an effective part of a team
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Account Follow-Up and Denials Management Skills a. Effectively manage accounts receivable within area of assignment b. Use aging reports, work queues, tasks, ticklers and other follow-up techniques to ensure timely follow-up of unpaid claims and timely follow-up on claims that have been underpaid or denied c. Use payer websites, payer inquiry methods, payer representatives and other applicable payer specific methods to obtain prompt payment of claims and identification and resolution of any issues affecting prompt payment d. Write and follow-up on appeal letters for denied claims referencing any applicable research, medical record documentation, medical policy and/or coding and billing rules e. Maintain a working knowledge of 835 and 277 rejection and denials reason codes (Remittance Advice Remark Codes (RARC) and Claim Adjustment Reason Codes (CARC)) along with payer specific adjustment and denial codes. f. Demonstrate ability to follow internal policies and procedures regarding follow-up timelines and methods, documentation standards and spreadsheet creation and maintenance as assigned 2. Administrative Skills • Handle incoming and outgoing correspondence • Provide telephone support for patients and insurance carriers • Communicate with others on team including cash posters and leadership regarding payers not meeting contractual obligations pertaining to timely payment, denials and any trends or outliers noted • Communicate with on-site clinic staff regarding medical documentation needs 3. Quality Management • Adhere to corporate compliance and HIPAA standards and policies • Use relevant knowledge of carrier issues, medical policies and billing standards to ensure accurate and timely payments (know when to question) • Participate in peer review, quality management and outcome studies as assigned • Follow standards, policies and procedures to make appropriate adjustments 4. Facilities/Equipment • Demonstrate working knowledge of equipment • Coordinate with appropriate person for repairs or maintenance • Follow established appropriate use standards 5. Self-improvement/Professional Activities • Keep current on issues, practice patterns and trends in medical billing and those specific to pain management • Attend continuing education specific to job duties • Promote staff development activities and program goals and objectives
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: • Independently mobile to perform job tasks • Approximately 99% of time sent sitting • Moderate to heavy computer use • Able to lift up to 30 pounds
ACCIDENT AND HEALTH HAZARDS: • None
WORKING CONDITIONS: • Fast paced, demanding office environment • Exposure to a variety of attitudes and personalities from patients and visitors • Multiple interruptions
Medical Billing Manager
Specialty surgeon's office is seeking a billing manager. Experience in all aspects of billing for a surgical practice is a must. Looking for a high-energy, positive leader. Excellent salary and benefits.
Please e-mail resumes to email@example.com.
General Medical Coder Job Locations US-MI-Saginaw Job ID 2018-1192 # of Openings 1 Category Medical Billing/Coding Overview.
The Coder works in direct support of all clinical programs, ensuring professional services are appropriately coded and support billing and compliance guidelines.
- Responsibilities Review patient documents for proper CPT-4-CM, ICD-10-CM code assignments, and quality reporting measures such as HEDIS.
- Review records to ensure all required information is present for billing, reimbursement, and regulatory compliance purposes.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with providers to ensure documentation supports reported codes and the required guidelines for compliance.
- Report documentation and compliance concerns to Lead Coder and Director, Revenue Cycle. Serves as a resource regarding insurance claim resolutions and coding questions.
- Must meet coding production expectations. Participate in data collection, abstraction, and other reporting.
- Qualifications Medical coding certification, such as CPC or RHIT. Extensive knowledge of CPT, HCPCS and ICD-10-CM code assignment.
- Working knowledge of Medical Terminology and Anatomy.
- Working knowledge of Electronic Health Record and Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATION: Experience coding for professional services. Medical billing and experience preferred. Experience in a Multi-specialty clinic setting. Experience in a resident teaching environment. Epic System EHR experience.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
In Office Billing - Hand Orthopedics
Hand Surgery of Northern Michigan
Traverse City, MI
Experienced Medical Biller Hand Surgery of Northern Michigan is seeking a full-time experienced biller/coder.
In addition to a positive and professional demeanor, the ideal candidate should possess strong organizational and customer service skills and a team-oriented attitude. Multi-tasking, attention to detail, and working knowledge of the medical billing industry required. eClinicalWorks experience a plus. Competitive wages and excellent benefits offered.
Please send cover letter and resume to: Administrator, Hand Surgery of Northern Michigan, 701 W. Front St, Ste. 100, Traverse City, MI 49684.
Part Time PT Biller
Michigan Center for Orthopedic Surgery
Permanent Part-time Physical Therapy biller wanted for our Orthopedic Practice.
Ideal candidate can procure authorizations, billing, managing the Physical Therapy AR of small Orthopedic PT office.
Monday - Friday, 4 hour workday! No weekends or nights. Job Type: Part-time
It is the perfect schedule while the kids are in school.
We have a great team environment that fosters a happy work environment. PT Billing experience necessary, current industry knowledge a must.
Send resume to Debbie at email@example.com
AR Specialists, Payment Posting Specialists, Claim Submission Specialists
Certified Reimbursement Solutions
We are looking for experienced Claims Submission Specialists, AR Specialists and Payment Posting Specialists.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Robert@certifiedrsllc.com.
Please have your subject line read "response to MMBA job posting" The company does not offer health insurance.
Please do not apply if that is a requirement. Thank you,