If you are looking for a position within the field of medical billing in Michigan, you've come to the right place. All listings appear for TWO months, or until the position has been filled. Be sure to notify the MMBA office once the position has been filled, or if you wish to remove the posting early.
Questions about posting a job listing?
Current Job Postings
Physician/Lab Billing Coordinator
Special Tree Rehabilitation System
Amazing Career Opportunity! We are seeking an experienced Physician/Lab Coordinator to join our dynamic Billing Team.
- The Physician/Lab Billing Coordinator is responsible for the day to day operations of the Physician and Lab medical billing companies on an independent basis.
- This position ensures accurate, complete, and timely claims submission for the organization's physician and lab billing companies.
- Responsible for Insurance Verification of benefits
- Collections processes from the insurance companies on claims
- Communicating with appropriate individuals inside and outside of the organization
- Maintaining organized billing charts
- High School Diploma Required
- Minimum of 2 years physician office billing experience
- Experience with Medicare, BCBS, Auto, and Health Insurance Billing
- CPC, CMRS or other medical billing certification preferred
- Experience with working in a long term care or rehabilitation environment
- E&M and Diagnosis Coding Required
- Experience with ICD-10 and CPT coding
- Knowledge of primary/secondary billing coordination
- Electronic Billing experience Required
- Knowledge of verifying insurance benefits
- Strong Organization, Communication, and Customer Service skills
- Ability to work independently within a Team Environment
Please submit on-line application at www.specialtree.com
Special Tree Rehabilitation System was Founded in 1974. They are one of the Midwest's premier neurorehabilitation providers for adults and children with brain injury, spinal cord injury, multiple trauma, and other disabilities. With more than 700 staff at nearly 30 Michigan locations, Special Tree offers a complete continuum of rehabilitation and care and is accredited by Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), the Joint Commission, and recognized by the Michigan Quality Council. Services include inpatient treatment with specialized 24-hour nursing and respiratory care, residential services, support living apartments, comprehensive outpatient services, home and community rehabilitation and a wide range of children's programs. Our whole person approach to rehabilitation encompasses one's body, mind, heart, and spirit. We call it the Science of Caring, and it is at the center of everything we do.
Professional Billing Coding Reimbursement Analyst & Educator
Hurley Medical Center
Hurley Medical Center is looking for a Professional Billing Coding Reimbursement Analyst & Educator.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Educates Physicians, non-physicians, ancillary staff, and department staff to improve documentation requirements for level of care and procedures billed to ensure compliant billing
- Designs, implements, and conducts effective training programs to support professional billing revenue cycle throughout enterprise
- Designs and maintains specific education materials and manuals to support organizational objectives, complete, and accurate professional fee billing.
- Monitors progress of user education/training for employees
- Develops, implements, and monitors CPT and ICD-10 coding documentation to meet all compliance standards and to maximize reimbursement payments for physicians, non-physicians practitioners, and department staff
- Facilitates and obtains appropriate and complete physician documentation within medical record and assists in developing, implementing, and maintaining documentation accuracy initiatives.
- Communicates opportunities for improved workflow to information technology and/or EPIC analysts
- Performs chart audits for multi-specialty physician practices utilizing appropriate documentation guidelines
- Identifies and implements coding opportunities to maximize reimbursement
Minimum Entrance Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Health Care Administration, Public Administration, Business Administration, or related field
- Four (4) years of hospital experience in multi-specialty coding and billing for both physician and non-physician practitioners.
- Additional Experience as described above may substitute for the required education on a year-for-year basis
- Knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 coding and current rules and regulations regarding reimbursement and billing compliance for Professional Part B Service by the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and other federally funded programs.
Candidates can email your resume to Kelita Anderson at email@example.com
Remote Coding Educator
Change Healthcare will soon begin recruiting for a Remote Coding Educator in our centralized coding division. What we are looking for in a candidate is someone who can hit the ground running on auditing and education services from E/M to a variety of surgical services. We have many different specialties within Change Healthcare that include Gen Surg, Plastics, Neurosurg, Ortho, OBGYN, Otolaryngology, ENT, Cardiovascular Thoracic...etc., and we do stress an importance on understanding CMS, AMA, local MAC, E/M, minor and major procedural rules as well as the ICD10 rules that go along with each specialty.
The function of the EDUCATOR position will be to monitor coding trends and provide feedback to coders and clients and assist with the development of focused education sessions to remediate issues identified. Partner with sales and implementation, perform training and onboarding of new employees as directed by the education manager, assist with the preparation of curriculums and building platforms for education sessions, present training sessions, vetting coders for skillset, perform due diligence reviews on new clients. Additional job duties as assigned by education manager in accordance with current business needs.
Minimum Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities):
- Education/Training – STRONG E/M skillset
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or equivalent professional certification
- Additional specialty-specific certifications preferred
Business Experience :
- 5 years coding experience
- 3 years of Quality Assurance auditing experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Work collaboratively to foster positive rapport and open dialogue with coders/clients.
- Ability to create appropriate learning environment based on coder/client needs.
- Must be task oriented and have ability to prioritize multiple projects with competing priorities.
- Ability to analyze documentation and perform data analysis.
- Ability to work independently in fast pace environment.
- Ability to meet internal and external targets and deadlines.
- Strong decision making, judgment, and analytical skills.
- Multifaceted technical skills and ability to complete tasks in a variety of programs/applications.
This is a 100% REMOTE position.
Please reach out to Amy Chapman at firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.