If you are looking for a position within the field of medical billing in Michigan, you've come to the right place. All listings appear for TWO months, or until the position has been filled. Be sure to notify the MMBA office once the position has been filled, or if you wish to remove the posting early.
Questions about posting a job listing?
Current Job Postings
Waterford Township, MI
Looking for an experienced medical biller in laboratory services, specifically urine drug monitoring (Urine Toxicology) and Molecular Testing for womens health, upper respiratory and pharmacogenomics.
Build an in house billing team to maximize our revenues. Immediate opening. Past experience required.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Billing and Reimbursement Coordinator
Metro Health University of MI Health
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for Accounts Receivable and Customer Service areas assigned, maintaining standards as set by director.
- Develops and maintains a body of skills and knowledge on professional billing and reimbursement. Disseminates and/or trains staff on information
- Maintains current knowledge of compliance regulation, standards and directives regarding governmental/regulatory agencies and/or third party payers.
- Responsible to maintain quality in billing and follow up for optimum performance in tracking and collecting reimbursement on accounts. Participates in interdepartmental projects including provider onboarding, practice and provider education, coding review and other special projects. Provides training to department staff as well as site staff and providers.
- Manages CPT/ICD-10 code usage to ensure accurate, effective communication with providers regarding coding trends and accurate coding. Reviews appropriate coding and recommends/makes changes as appropriate.
- Collaborates with departments to ensure services performed are charged and posted in a timely and compliant manner.
- Reviews claims daily, for accuracy and necessary attachments, utilizing electronic billing software.
- Identifies underpayments specific to contract language and working with contracting department.
- Maintains daily work queues according to payer requirements, including, insurance coverage, claim errors, payer denials, insurance follow up and collections.
- Provides periodic monitoring and analysis of productivity metrics to support internal controls and monitor employee performance.
- Provides staff training, coaching, support, issue identification, assessment, resolution and keeping the director apprised of the progress. Responsible for input in recruitment and corrective action decisions as well as performance evaluations.
- Responsible for oversight of daily operations within the assigned department. Meets quality and productivity standards established by management. May need to work additional hours (evenings/weekends) to achieve team goals. Provides coverage and support for other teams.
Peak Performance Physical Therapy
Peak Performance Physical Therapy is a leading physical therapy organization located in the Lansing area. We are seeking billing specialists who are servant focused, collaborative, possess an attitude of gratitude, positive energy and strive for business excellence.
- Facilitating timely reimbursement by obtaining complete and accurate information needed for claims submission; determining primary and secondary carriers when necessary; reviewing EOBs and matching them to the appropriate claims; completing and filing paper and electronic claims on a daily basis; sending regular statements to patients with outstanding balances, etc.
- Supports patient satisfaction goals by responding to patients' billing questions in a prompt and courteous manner; researching disputed account balances, correcting any errors (including misapplied payments and overpayments), reversing past due fees
- Supports sound practice decision making by regularly monitoring payments received, preparing patient accounts reports by payor type and status of patient accounts (number of days past due, etc.); following practice guidelines to obtain additional information from patients/payors with past due accounts, etc.
- Reduces claims rejection rate by researching rejected claims, gathering additional documentation required, correcting any errors, verifying accuracy of corrected claim, and re-filing in a timely manner; suggesting improvements in practice procedures and/or forms that would result in fewer rejected claims.
- Secures outstanding patient balances by reviewing status of delinquent accounts, establishing payment arrangements with patients, notifying patients when decision has been made to turn their account over to a collection agency, an attorney, or to small claims court; preparing paperwork for claims against past due accounts; testifying for the practice in court cases; recording any judgments with the appropriate officer(s) of the court; reporting patients to the credit bureau(s).
- Ensures compliance with all Insurances carries (Medicare) requirements by staying up-to-date on billing requirements.
- Protects the reputation of the practice by adhering to professional standards for collections and accounting, practice patient confidentiality policies and collections procedures, and federal (FCRA, HIPAA, etc.), state, and local statutes.
- Supports the maintenance of complete and accurate practice records by taking appropriate follow-up action on patient statements, etc. returned as undeliverable.
- Contributes to team efforts by assisting other departments at the direction of her/his manager or team lead.
- Participate in educational and professional development activities consistent with business needs.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality of medical/company information, being knowledgeable and following all HIPAA Regulations -Perform related work as required.
- HIPAA and other regulatory policies
- Understanding of ICD-10 and procedure codes -Insurance regulations, policies and procedures
- Medical office procedures, policies, practices and medical terminology, telephone protocol and professional etiquette
- 2-5 years physical therapy billing experience
- Experience in TheraOffice EHR System
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line billing position application.
Medical Biller/Receptionist Part-Time
In need of a medical biller/receptionist for our clinic in Bridgman, Michigan.
Position is part-time and hours/days are negotiable to better accommodate applicants needs. Must have professional experience OR have completed a medical billing/coding program no longer than 8 months ago.
Responsibilities include: claim entry and submission, follow up, working on A/R, answering phones, and scheduling appointments.
Please mail or drop off your resume at: Mays Clinic 4299 Lake Street #96 Bridgman, Michigan 49106 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Life Beyond Barriers Rehabilitation Group
Traverse City, MI
We are seeking a full-time medical billing professional available immediately.
The ideal candidate would be certified, and have extensive experience working with auto and worker's comp carriers in claims management. Experience in working with Medicaid and working claim denials is required.
This position is located in our Traverse City office and hours are 8 - 4:30 pm M-F and is available immediately.
Please send resume and salary requirements to Paula VanAmberg via email at email@example.com.
In general, medical billing specialists perform these job duties:
- Verify insurance benefits on existing patients
- Reviewing therapeutic procedures as documented by therapists
- Transmitting coded patient treatment information to payers and other recipients
- Coordinating insurance reimbursement of care providers
- Handling patient billing (including producing statements and reports regularly)
- Reviewing patient medical records
- Coding treatment information using Common Procedure Terminology (CPT) codes
- Communicating with medical billing specialists to ensure treatment codes are accurately received
- Receiving patient treatment codes to use in assembling reimbursement claims
- Creating reimbursement claims and transfer to third-party payers
- Coordinating reimbursement activities with payers
- Billing patients for medical services
- Contact clients regarding past due balances
- Ensure that deposits are posted properly
Billing and Coding
Great Lakes Bay Surgery and Endoscopy Center
Coding/Billing Specialist Position Type Full-Time/Regular Job Description
JOB SUMMARY Under the direction of the Business Office Manager, is responsible for assuring that out patient medical records are coded and abstracted according to established criteria utilizing available resources both automated and manual based on documentation in the medical record provided by the attending, consulting physicians and clinical information. Using the available automated systems, enters coded documentation in the medical records on a daily basis. Communicates with consultants, federal and state organizations to validate the coding process and assure compliance to prevent fraud and abuse related to coding and abstracting. Validates documentation and works with the physicians to assure proper coding and educates the medical staff regarding coding issues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Collector- additional duties include working and maintaining all patients accounts. Meet all collection activity schedules and goals. Audit EOBs to assure accuracy of reimbursement and proper adjustments. Cross training to all positions for coverage 1.Code diagnoses, procedures, complications and co-morbidities for out- patients accurately. 2.Code appropriately for ancillary services. 3.Demonstrates knowledge and remains current in regard to ICD''s current version, CPT codes, modifiers, APCs, and DRGs. 4.Remains current with the coding and processing of records to assure timely coding. 5.Assures that the proper documentation is available in the medical record prior to coding. Enters codes for each provider and assures that the record is complete to assure that it is accurately abstracted. Follows through to assure the coding is finalized and a claim has been generated. 6.Demonstrates expertise in the use of the automated systems and any other that may pertain to coding. 7.Maintains required certification and training in the area of coding and abstracting. 8.Interacts positively, friendly and professionally with physicians, patients/family, office staff, hospital staff, medically supply and drug company representatives, insurance companies, attorneys, worker''s compensation adjusters and others. 9.Identifies opportunities to teach co-workers, medical staff and professionals regarding the documentation of medical care which supports accurate coding. 10.Speaks clearly, concisely and with consideration and respect in a group or one-on-one. Articulates thoughts wells and has a good rapport with listeners. Communication is clear, concise and understandable. Presentation is always polite, considerate and patient. Listens well.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: 1.Able to work independently and meet established deadlines. 2.Able to make sound reasonable decisions. 3.Highly organized. 4.Ability to concentrate on many detailed requests despite numerous interruptions and respond accordingly with an appropriate sense of urgency. 5.Demonstrates accountability, professionalism, openness, receptive to change, creativity and innovation. 6.Ability to identify and calmly handle inherently stressful situations with tact. 7.Excellent communication skills. 8.Ability to develop excellent working relationships with consumers, vendors and staff. 9.Seeks guidance, direction and assistance when needed. Required Skills
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: 1. 3 - 5 years in medical environment with experience coding in a ASC environment (including orthopedics, pain management, surgical (general, and gynecological), Gastroenterology. Certification required. (American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA), the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC). 2. 4 year degree in business or clinical area or equivalent work experience. 3. Computer literate. Experience and knowledge of Amkai and Microsoft Office product required. 4. Knowledge of medical terminology.
Please send cover letter and resume to attention of firstname.lastname@example.org
A/R and Denials Management Specialist
ProCare Pain Solutions
Grand Rapids, MI
We are growing and currently have 2 full time (M-F 8:30-5) openings. Interested applicants can apply on Indeed.com or send their resume and cover letter to: email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org
Accounts Receivable and Denials Management Specialist ProCare Pain Solutions is hiring full-time Accounts Receivable and Denials Management Specialists for our growing downtown Grand Rapids location. We offer employees competitive wages, paid holidays, and paid time off. Employees can expect no night, weekend, or holiday shifts. In addition, full-time employees are also eligible for a free high deductible health plan after 90 days and a generous 401k profit sharing plan after one year of service.
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Accounts Receivable and Denials Management Specialist functions in an administrative role to ensure timely and accurate follow-up on unpaid claims and denials. This position is responsible for following up on all outstanding accounts which includes reviewing outstanding A/R reports, outstanding accounts in follow-up queues and identifying and reporting trends and changes in payments and denials. The account receivable specialist works under the direction of and reports to the billing team leader. Education: Minimum: High School graduate. Working knowledge of medical terminology as well as procedural and diagnosis coding is required Preferred: Higher education with a medical office or account focus. Certified Professional Coder (CPC), Certified Professional Biller (CPB) or Certified Revenue Cycle Specialist-Professional (CRCS-P) preferred Work Experience: Minimum: One year of recent, relevant experience with accounts receivable follow-up and/or denials management experience. Preferred: Two or more years of recent, relevant experience with accounts receivable follow-up and/or denials management experience; experience with working in eClinical Works or Centricity preferred Professional Skills: Communication: Effective verbal and written skills, computer literate Customer Service: Patient confidentiality, helpful, patience Organizational: Detail oriented, problem solving abilities, efficient Team Skills: Demonstrate ability and willingness to work as an effective part of a team
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Account Follow-Up and Denials Management Skills oDemonstrate ability to follow internal policies and procedures regarding follow-up timelines and methods, documentation standards and spreadsheet creation and maintenance as assigned oMaintain a working knowledge of 835 and 277 rejection and denials reason codes (Remittance Advice Remark Codes (RARC) and Claim Adjustment Reason Codes (CARC)) along with payer specific adjustment and denial codes. oWrite and follow-up on appeal letters for denied claims referencing any applicable research, medical record documentation, medical policy and/or coding and billing rules oUse payer websites, payer inquiry methods, payer representatives and other applicable payer specific methods to obtain prompt payment of claims and identification and resolution of any issues affecting prompt payment oUse aging reports, work queues, tasks, ticklers and other follow-up techniques to ensure timely follow-up of unpaid claims and timely follow-up on claims that have been underpaid or denied oEffectively manage accounts receivable within area of assignment 2. Administrative Skills •Handle incoming and outgoing correspondence •Provide telephone support for patients and insurance carriers •Communicate with others on team including cash posters and leadership regarding payers not meeting contractual obligations pertaining to timely payment, denials and any trends or outliers noted •Communicate with on-site clinic staff regarding medical documentation needs 3. Quality Management •Adhere to corporate compliance and HIPAA standards and policies •Use relevant knowledge of carrier issues, medical policies and billing standards to ensure accurate and timely payments (know when to question) •Participate in peer review, quality management and outcome studies as assigned •Follow standards, policies and procedures to make appropriate adjustments 4. Facilities/Equipment •Demonstrate working knowledge of equipment •Coordinate with appropriate person for repairs or maintenance •Follow established appropriate use standards 5. Self-improvement/Professional Activities •Keep current on issues, practice patterns and trends in medical billing and those specific to pain management •Attend continuing education specific to job duties •Promote staff development activities and program goals and objectives
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: •Independently mobile to perform job tasks •Approximately 99% of time sent sitting •Moderate to heavy computer use •Able to lift up to 30 pounds
WORKING CONDITIONS: •Fast paced, demanding office environment •Exposure to a variety of attitudes and personalities from patients and visitors •Multiple interruptions
Inpatient Charge Entry Specialist
Metro Health University of MI Health
Inpatient Charge Entry Specialist - Professional Billing
* Days - 40hrs/wk. Requisition #: req770 https://metrohealth.csod.com/
General Summary: Under the direction of the Director of Physician Support Services, the Charge Entry Specialist is responsible for the timely charge entry of professional services provided in all locations. In addition the Charge Entry Specialist is responsible for monitoring the turnaround in accounts receivable for the areas assigned.
Requirements: 1.High School Diploma required. 2.Two years’ experience working in health care. 3.CPC, CCA (or equivalent) required. 4.Formal courses in Medical Terminology and Anatomy and Physiology preferred. 5.Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, organize work and establish priorities.. 6.Ability to communicate effectively with physicians, other office staff, supervisors and co-workers required. Excellent oral and written communication skills. 7.Excellent spelling and grammar skills with knowledge of standard medical abbreviations and terminology. 8.Develops and maintains a body of skills and knowledge on hospital &/or medical office billing, collection and insurance functions. 9.Professional, business-like appearance and demeanor. 10.Ability to contribute to team efforts.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: 1.Reviews all charges dropped by charge capture, manually enter charges when appropriate, and verify charge integrity. 2.Monitors patient census for providers and maintains a log to insure all charges are captured. Communicates with provider, and/or office manager if charges are not received in a timely matter. 3.Enters and updates patient demographics including verifying insurance coverage via carrier websites. 4.Reviews and takes action on claims returned by payers, whether denied or underpaid. Works aged accounts receivable as assigned. 5.Responsible for maintaining certifications and up to date coding knowledge, by attending seminars, webinars, and reviewing resource material. 6.Works with coordinator, providers and site staff to recognize and address coding compliance. 7.Shares information with co-workers. 8.Meets quality and productivity standards established by management.
Insurance billing Processor
Greenberg Laser Eye Center
Troy Ophthalmology solo practice seeking an experienced full-time biller.
Competitive salary and benefits in a very pleasant working environment! Hours of employment are Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The applicant must have at least 3 years of experience with processing claims and correcting rejections.
Our present biller has been with our practice for over 20 years and has decided to retire. There will be an overlap in employment for quality training time. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please email your resume to email@example.com.
Advanced Practice Management
Full time outpatient medical biller position available.
Must have experience, preferably with ambulatory surgery center billing. Duties include: Charge entry and claim submission; working outstanding A/R; keypunching and balancing incoming payments.
Please submit resume to: nklein@advancedpracticemgmt.
Medical Billing Specialist
Advanced Cardiovascular Associates, PLC
Full time Medical Billing Specialist needed for fast paced Cardiology billing dept.
A dependable individual who has the knowledge and the ability to work with a dedicated team in the daily processing of Office and Hospital billing, Insurance denials, Appeals, follow up, payment posting and ICD10.
- Minimum 3 years experience.
- Genius E-Thomas experience preferred.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org